Air Cleaning Performance:
Overall Value Derived:
- Contains a 3-stage filtration system to get rid of 99.7% of dust;
- Includes a HEPA filter;
- Consists of an activated carbon filter
- 100% ozone-free;
- Very quiet to ensure that you have a good night’s sleep while it is working;
- Consists of two night light settings;
- Energy efficient as it consumes only 28 watts;
- It cleans air particles up to .03 micron of size;
- Easily removes odor and smoke;
- Purifies allergy-causing particles;
- Small, compact and yet effective at what it does;
- Reasonably priced;
- Easy to setup and use;
- Does not have pre washable filters that can enhance the life of the True HEPA filter which is one of the prime reasons to replace the filter on a half-yearly basis;
- Although it is a mobile air purifier, if you move from one room to another too often, you may make your filter too dirty very swiftly which may require you to change the filter before the six months timeline estimated by Levoit;
- Only available in a single color;
- If the air purifier is used for extensively long hours without breaks in between, you may be able to notice a harmless burning odor from it.
Are you looking for an air purifier that is sleek in design and highly cost-effective in price? If yes, then LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is the one you should purchase.
In this section, we will discuss some of the peculiar things about LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier which will help you take the right purchasing decision related to this product.
LEVOIT LV-H132 has been specially designed for rooms that are approximately 86-87 square feet. There is an interesting blue light which illuminates the top of the machine.
It can be very handy for dark hallways on the way to the bedroom at night. It can be great for kids who are not able to sleep in complete darkness.
There is a 3-stage filtration process in LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier. The first filter is a pre-filter. The second one is True HEPA (It catches particles as small as 0.3 microns). The third one is an activated carbon filter for the purpose of reducing odors of selected order.
There is no ionizer present in LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier. This means that there is zero ozone impact ensuring clean, pollutant-free air. Another positive aspect is it provides CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 110f3 per minute.
Did you know?
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier has a very low energy usage of 28 watts which makes it very energy efficient product in comparison to other air purifier brands.
Levoit LV-H132 is covered against
|Hair/ Pet hair|
- Ideal for summertime air purifying in the air conditioning room. Helps get rid of common allergy triggers including dust mites, pollen, mold, pet dander, as well as other small particles and pollutants.
- 3 Stage Filtration System: Pre-filter, TRUE HEPA Filter, & Activated Carbon Filter. It removes 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, odor, mold spores, and pet dander; filters particles as small as 0.3 microns nd larger and filters air pollution of PM 2.5.
- 100% Ozone free, does not use UV or Ions which produce trace amounts of measurable ozone, a harmful air pollutant.
- 3 Speed Settings (low, medium, and high) provide options for various conditions. Noise Level: 50 dB. Power Consumption: 28 Watts
- Quietly operates throughout the night, and has a gentle night light with two brightness settings.
- Unique size and contemporary design make it a perfect fit in smaller rooms or office spaces. The perfect gift for family, friends, and office mates.
- 2-year warranty and lifetime support.
(Note: Please remove the plastic bag of the HEPA filter and charcoal filter before running the air purifier.)
- On average, the filter should be replaced every 6 months and is available for purchase (Search for: LV-H132-RF); the air filter may need to be replaced sooner or later depending on the air quality in your area.
Review the Product
Air Cleaning Performance:
The LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is at best a below-average performer when it comes to air cleaning.
When we placed it into our smoky, 86 square feet testing room it took LEVOIT LV-H132 approximately an hour to remove 77% of the airborne particles. But, after an hour the number rose to 94%.
This goes to show that LEVOIT LV-H132 is specifically for smaller rooms of approximately 86 square feet. In case, you have a small bedroom this air purifier might work for you.
This is the strong point of LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier. It produces a noise which is nearly undetectable when you keep it on its lowest setting. In medium and high setting, it offers a low-pitched hum which is similar to the sound of a normal fan. If quietness of noise is one of the basic criteria for you to make the buying decision then LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is one of the preferred choices available in our country.
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier provides at best average user experience. Although, there are certain positive points too. It consists of a very simple set of controls with a power button. There is also a button to select between three different fan speeds. You can even use a button to turn on and off the LED night light. The last thing is there is a light indicator which turns on when the filter needs to be changed.
These are really all that is required. But, if they would have included certain special features like an automatic off timer and remote control it would have been icing on the cake.
Not to forget: LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is extremely compact and light in weight of just 2.94 Kg. This makes it easier to move. The problem is its cylindrical shape which makes it difficult to grip.
LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is a cost-effective option. It comes with a relatively nominal start price of $ 90 with an affordable cost of $ 15 for replacement filters, and fairly efficient electricity usage of just 0.015kWh per hour. The total estimated lifetime cost of the air purifier comes to $ 279 assuming the estimated lifespan of LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier to be of 5-years. LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is one of the most lucrative options available in the market when it comes to procuring an air purifier at a reasonable price.
Overall Value Derived:
Although LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is reasonably priced of $ 90, we will not call it a particularly good value product. In case, you do not mind paying an extra $ 10, you can get a better-branded air purifier with better performance in removing airborne particles.
“HOW DOES IT COMPARE?”
The most obvious difference between LEVOIT LV-H132 and Honeywell HPA300 is the shape and color of both these air purifiers. While Honeywell HPA300 is V-shaped and black, the LEVOIT LV-H132 is bent and white.
Continue reading: When it comes to filtration, they are more or less similar in style and maintenance.
Honeywell HPA300 has two filters, namely a True HEPA and a pre-filter. Both of which need to be replaced rather than washed, much like LEVOIT LV-H132. LEVOIT LV-H132 has more complete filtration and does an excellent job of reducing allergy symptoms and dust.
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is much more different than LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier. This does not mean that it is much better.
But, in case you are wondering: Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier does have some additional features to make up for the higher price tag.
When we compare the looks of LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier with Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier: the Winix 5500-2 has a black, rectangular, and a rather tall look. It also has trendy Smart Sensors which guide the machine the type of cleaning mode to use based on the state of the air.
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier has 4 fan speeds in comparison LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier has 3. Technically speaking, Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier has 3 filtration stages but they differ from other brands. One of the filter stages is a permanent filtration device known as “PlasmaWave Technology”. It works by eliminating even the micro-particulars, odors and allergens. The other two filters in the Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier are True HEPA and a carbon filter.
The price of GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is quite similar to LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier. But, there are still some key differentiating points. The first one being, GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier instead of 3 filters has 2 filters namely, a HEPA filter and a pre-filter with carbon. Not to forget the UV-C light. The UV-C light assists in killing bacteria and airborne germs.
Both GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier and LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier consist of 3-speed settings which is appropriate for small rooms to neutralize odors. The other difference is GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is taller and larger in dimension when compared to LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier, albeit with similar weight.
The last point of difference is that LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier comes in white color while GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier comes in black color. This is a minimalist difference. But, important for those people who want to match their aesthetics with the air purifier they are going to purchase.
Both the Purezone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier and LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier come with white, glossy finishes which makes them ideal for a home setting. Now let us look at the differences. LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier is 14.6 inches tall and comes in the cylindrical form intended for personal use. It can be used in extra-small areas of maximum 86-87 square feet like half-bathrooms and workplace cubicles.
In comparison, Purezone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier is 12.1 inches tall intended to be used in circulating air in a space as large as 200 square feet. It is suitable for small bedrooms and home offices.
Both LEVOIT LV-H132 Air Purifier and Purezone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier have extra features. The LEVOIT LV-H132 consists of a blue nightlight located at the top of the machine. You have the option to make the brightness of the light high or low depending on your requirement. It is even possible for you to turn off the nightlight altogether.
In comparison, Purezone 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier consists of two useful additional features. It has an ultraviolet-C light which emits a germicidal wavelength of 254 nanometers. The UV-C bulb has a lifespan of 20,000 hours which equals to 2 years and 3-months of non-stop use. The other special feature is of an auto shut-off timer which can be set with different options like 2 hours, 4 hours, and 8 hours.
At Comfy Home Corner- https://comfyhomecorner.com we are dedicated in providing the best tips and product reviews to assist you with creating a better environment for your home.