GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier Review
- Cost-effective pricing;
- Lightweight and small which makes it easy to move;
- Creates less noise thereby ensuring that you get a good night’s sleep even when it is switched on in your bedroom;
- Very effective against odors, viruses, bacteria, and molds;
- Gets rid of 99.97% of all air pollutants, including dust mites, dog and cat dander, and dust mites;
- Contains a charcoal filter that reduces the smells from the air from smoking, pets, Limburger cheese, and cooking;
- UV-C light present in the air purifier filters the air of contaminants;
- Ultraviolet-C sanitizer light present in GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier assists in filtering the air of contaminants;
- Consumes less energy.
- Relatively smaller coverage;
- There is no filter change indicator;
- Burning out of control boards and wires, thereby creating a plastic smell;
- Electrical cords breaking under the sheathing;
- Fan knocking issues;
- The replacement filters are slightly more expensive.
Do you want to get an air purifier that eliminates dirty and smelly air in your house?
If yes; GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is the brand for you. It has specifically been designed to ensure that your room is free from different types of contaminants, so that you get fresh air all the time. It uses HEPA, UV-C, and odor reduction mechanisms to ensure that the air you breathe is free from allergens, and dust which causes bad smell.
GermGuardian AC4824 UV Air Purifier features UV based mechanism to kill bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Furthermore, it even gets rid of streptococcus, E. coli, and rhinovirus to free your room from germs. The UV-C light utilizes smart, energy-saving mechanism to kill these disease causing microorganisms.
The positive part: The UV-C bulb and filters present in GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier are replaceable parts. It consists of an indicator light that alerts you to replace these parts. Moreover, GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier has been designed to consume minimum energy which makes it more efficient.
This 22-inch model is tailor-made for small and medium rooms. It is very compact in design and weighs 3.175 kg, which makes it easier to move. Measuring 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches, it is ideal to clean air of small apartments, closets, and rooms of 167 square feet.
- Traps Allergens: HEPA Filter captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as .3 microns such as household dust, pet dander, mold spores and plant pollens
- Reduces Odors: Charcoal filter reduces common odors from pets, smoking and cooking
- Fights Germs: Optional UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores. Carb Compliant
- AHAM Verified and Energy Star Certified: 22 inch 3 speed tower is best used for rooms up to 167 sq. feet. Filters and circulates room air over 4x per hour. The higher the CADR the faster the unit filters the air. CADR Dust (118). Pollen (125) and smoke (108).
- Filter Replacement Reminder: Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product. Replacement filter is filter B (model FLT4825). To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available (model FLT22C84). UV-C Replacement Bulb LB4000. IMPORTANT: Use genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance. 3 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Review the Product
Air Cleaning Performance: sssss
The GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is one of the best performers when it comes to air cleaning.
When we placed it into our smoky, 160 square feet testing room it was able to capture 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
This air purifier has been designed to consume minimum energy making it one of the most efficient air purifiers in our country. One thing that we can safely conclude about GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is the fact that it has been developed to provide high air quality for small bedrooms and offices of approximately
The one thing that we can conclude from this is Purezone 3-in-1 True Hepa Air Purifier is tailor-made for small bedrooms and offices of approximately 167 sq. feet. It is mostly allergen free. But, it might struggle when kept in a larger space.
The GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier features a UV based mechanism that kills germs, viruses, and bacteria. It is even effective to get rid of streptococcus, E. coli, and rhinovirus thereby making your room germfree.
Noise Quality: sssss
The amazing thing about GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is the fact that it makes a very low noise during use which we tested in one of our bedrooms.
The low speed is very quiet. It does not disturb you while sleeping at night.
The medium speed is not very loud. In fact, it is hardly noticeable when you are watching YouTube or listening to music.
At high speed, there is a moderate noise which can be masked by the sound of television or radio.
Although it is fairly noticeable, but not loud and irritating. The high setting is recommended for swift and efficient cleaning of contaminated air like smoke and dust.
One of the reasons for GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier to be a lit bit loud in terms of decibels can be accounted to the fact that it contains not one but two fan sections. This produces more sound. There are benefits too of the fans. With more than one fan, you can get more air.
User Friendliness: sssss
GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier provides an average user experience. Although it is extremely easy to turn it off and on and change the setting, the problem is sometimes the machines switches off for no reason whatsoever.
There are times when the purifier is still under the warranty but they ship you a new piece! A green light lights up every time the air filter needs to be changed, making it an easy fix. Simply hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and it will reset for the next time. GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is generally preferred due to its compact size. It can easily be placed on a countertop or tabletop.
GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is a budget-friendly option. It comes with a nominal start price of $ 90 with True HEPA filters costing $ 100 price class. True-HEPA replacement filter for GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is $ 27 which is projected to last 6 to 8 months. The total estimated lifetime cost of the air purifier comes to around $ 300 with an assumed lifespan of half a decade.
Germguardian AC4825 UV is a real economically priced air purifier available in our country. Although it has certain flaws and a certain percentage of defects, GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier is better in terms of price when compared to other air purifier brands.
Overall Value Derived: sssss
GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier provides a good value, especially if you want to purify a small to medium sized space of 167 square feet. It is also a good purchase if you are suffering from allergies. If you are a techy then this model will not provide you value for money. In terms of performance it does everything that an air purifier needs to do. All this at a starting price of $ 100.
Amazing, isn’t it?
“HOW DOES IT COMPARE?”
The GermGuardian AC5000 Air Purifier is a larger unit when compared to GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier. Both of them are ideal for medium size rooms, including a dining room, large bedroom in an apartment, or smaller living room.
The CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) ratings of both these air purifiers are different. While AC4825 is at 100+, the portable AC5000 is at 125. This very reason makes the price of AC5000 more than AC4825. If you are considering selecting either of these two air purifiers, AC4825 is the better option. Reason being, certain customers have rated AC5000 of being unable to fulfill a space as large as advertised.
But, AC4825 is also not free of loopholes. The general complaint about AC4825 is that sometimes the machine shuts off for no apparent reasons. We recommend you to select AC4825 any day as it is more compact to fit into your tabletop or countertop.
The basic difference between GermGuardian AC4825 UV Air Purifier and GermGuardian AC4100 UV Air Purifier is that AC4100 is very small at only 11 inches. It is also half the weight of AC4825. The smaller size makes AC4100 suitable for sitting on a desk or table. It is recommended for smaller rooms. The other thing is that AC4100 is recommended for spaces of approximately 100 square feet.
GermGuardian AC5250PT has a close relation with GermGuardian AC5350. It measures 28 inches tall in comparison to 22 inches of AC4825. It means that it covers a larger space coverage. The other benefit of AC5250PT is that it cleans a larger space. It has more settings like five power levels. The AC5250PT is also able to clean the room much more swiftly than the AC4825. So, if you are looking to cover a larger space area, opt for AC5250PT.
GermGuardian AC4900CA and GermGuardian AC4825 UV seem to differ only in design. The ACT 4900CA consists of a more minimalist and geometric design compared to the AC4825.
At Comfy Home Corner- https://comfyhomecorner.com we are dedicated in providing the best tips and product reviews to assist you with creating a better environment for your home.