Best Box Fans Review
Endless sunshine, warm mornings, birdsongs all around, that is the picture the romantic era literature paints of summer. Living in the now, I can confirm that is the farthest from the truth, especially for the city folks. Far away from the clear blue skies and birdsongs, the mornings come and drench us in a pool of sweat even before we can leave our beds. I have not been a huge fan of air conditioning and artificial indoor environments. I have always loved camping, early morning hikes, and adventures in the outback with my family ever since I was a child. Summers meant camping in the backyard if it was a school night and watching fireflies dance against the black sky. Back then, the overnight tents used to be minimal with sleeping bags, an electric lantern, and snack supplies.
Over the last few years, as I have been heading to the outskirts for camping, I have been feeling the need for powerful yet portable box fans. I have tried and tested a few of them on my last camping trips. You could say I have special demands since I prefer carrying a portable kennel for my furry-friend here. Eventually, I could not deny him his right to a personal cooling system either. Before I knew it, he was looking forward to these camping trips because a pit stop meant he could cool off in front of his fan in full galore. My personal favorite has been the Fan-Tastic 01100WH Endless Breeze Stand Alone Fan. It is light. It does not require assembling, and I can throw it in the back of my truck along with other camping supplies in a minute’s notice. Driving with this baby in the trunk is not difficult at all. It does not even require special packaging for the, particularly rugged roads.
People have used box-fans for ages to draw in the cool air from the outside. It is one of the most natural means of air conditioning if you have a keen interest in energy conservation and environmental safety. Some people prefer sleeping with a box fan on since the humming acts as white noise, and this helps them sleep better after a long day. However, gone are the days, when box fans used to take up massive floor space, or they required special window installations to cool the room. Modern box fans like those on this list have the power to quietly circulate cool air across the room by drawing in fresh air from the outside as you sleep. The noise level of a fan should be an essential influencing factor since children and pets can be particularly sensitive to noise.
Children often feel the need for an additional fan since their metabolisms are faster than that of adults. You will notice your child move around in their sleep during the summer months more as compared to the fall or winter. The heat build-up from the body increases the temperature and moisture content of their mattress. The resulting discomfort causes them to become restless. This is also true when children sleep outdoors in their sleeping bags inside small tents. Having an extra source of air and ventilation allows the sweat to evaporate quickly. This lowers the surface temperature of their bodies and cools them off faster. An excellent and powerful box fan can make a lot of difference in their quality of rest.
Top 5 Box Fan
What happens when technology and style meet your need for cooling off in record time? The Fan-Tastic 01100WH Endless Breeze Stand Alone Fan, of course! Honestly, this fan is almost perfect for your outdoor and temporary indoor needs. Whether you love taking your boat out for occasional fishing trips, or you have an outdoor trailer office, you will find the ultimate relief from the sweltering heat with the Fan-Tastic Endless Breeze Fan. Before trying this model, I was a little skeptic due to the lack of extensive documentation on Amazon and other selling sites, but right now, I swear by it.
Initially, I had my doubts about its power since it is a 12-volt fan. Once you try it, you will have trouble believing that it is only 12V. It may just be the best low-voltage, high powered fan in the market today. It comes with multiple speed settings, yet I have rarely had to use the “high” setting in the past. Previous reviewers have often stated that they have never had to use beyond the “medium” setting, but I was cynical since the part of the country I live in, knows what “hot” really means. However, this fan has managed to undo all my cynicism. Ever on the hottest of the hot nights when we are out camping, this fan gives the best service on the lowest power reserve.
Unlike the other high-power models, this fan does not gulp down the power from the battery. For those, who love the quietness of the outdoors, this model is ideal. Several previous reviewers have claimed this fan to be “absolutely silent.” I have come to realize that there is a slight whirring noise, that is common for all popular high-end models, but even our senior collie seems not to mind it. Therefore, I have no reason to complain about it. You can even drive around with this fan operation on your car battery. The drainage is minimal, and I have experienced no trouble restarting the car with the fan working.
- It has multiple speed settings.
- The new models come with swing-out clips, perfect for dog kennels and crates.
- Compact enough for in-car use.
- Silent enough for dog kennels and children’s cabins.
- Does not drain power from the battery quickly.
- Easy to carry and transport.
- It has poor documentation.
- The exterior of the box fan is plastic, so refrain from manhandling it.
- The legs are weak. (I have found that sealing it with epoxy usually helps).
- The new models come with LED in the plug, some of which have heating issues.
Very recently, while I was out camping with my friends, one of them pulled out the Air King 9723 20-Inch 3-Speed Box Fan for their tent. While I have been an ardent fan of the Fan-Tastic Endless Breeze model for the last decade, this was one box fan that took my breath away. It is a compact 20-inch model that runs on a 1/25-HP motor. It is a permanently lubricated motor that eliminates the necessity of constant maintenance. The current model has a 3-speed setting. Unlike the previous brand and model, you will need to opt for the highest speed setting on the Air King 9723 Box Fan.
The first thing I noticed was the silence around me, even when the fan was swinging at high speed. Next, the battery didn’t drain as fast as I had expected, although the power input was nowhere as low as the Fan-Tastic model. Additionally, it comes with an 8-foot long SPT power cord, which gives it a wide range of mobility. It is quite well-suited for outdoor and indoor usage, where the operational area is restricted. Although it is compact, the 5-blade built gives a wide reach. I could easily see myself setting the Air King 9723 20-Inch 3-Speed Box Fan up on my boat for my next family boating trip.
- It is small but powerful. It weighs only 13 pounds.
- Exterior has durable steel and blades are of wear-resistant plastic. Easy to clean.
- The Air King 9723 has a 3-speed motor.
- It can circulate air up to 2220 CMF.
- It is quieter than most fans in this budget.
- It is sturdy and ideal for a quick outdoor adventure prep.
- The Air King 9723 20-Inch 3-Speed Box Fan has a long-reach cord.
- It does not have adjustable tilt or customizable height.
- The Air Kind 9723 is a base model that does not offer remote control.
- It is not ideal for larger spaces.
The Hurricane Box Fan 20-Inch has recently garnered the attention of several appliance shoppers and outdoors lovers, like me. This one is easy to maintain and pretty easy to clean. You can disassemble the outer grill on your own, dust and clean the blades, and put it back together without expert guidance. Most importantly, the Hurricane Box Fan comes with a detailed instructions manual that includes all the necessary guidance you will ever need to assemble it, disassemble it, clean it and enjoy the cool breeze for years to come.
Just like its contemporaries, the Hurricane Box Fan comes with a 3-motor speed setting. It might not be as high-tech or fancy as the other options in this price range, but it is one of the most powerful ones among similarly sized box fans. The hot days will command the highest speed setting. It has a wide reach although it is compact and has a space-saving design. It is only 20-inches tall, it is feather-light, and it is very easy to transport. If you do not have space in the trailer or the trunk, you can ride with it all the way to your destination. It is ideal for in-car use as it can run on a standard car battery. It does not draw significantly high power even in its highest output mode.
- It is quite cheap.
- Hurricane Box Fan’s simple design makes it durable and easy to maintain.
- It is compact and easy to carry for outdoor events.
- The Hurricane Box Fan 20-Inch has multiple speed settings.
- It has a 360-degree adjustable tilt.
- It can reach 24000 CFM.
- It requires low voltage input for high power output.
- You might find it low-tech compared to other similar options.
- It is louder than the fans of similar power requirement and output.
- The cord length is 5-feet. Although I have found it to be ideal for our garage and boat cabin, you might find it a tad bit restricting.
Lasko is becoming a popular name among the owners of trailer offices and outdoor lovers alike. This made me wonder how one of their signature products would fare against the other contemporaries I have tried before. Soon I got the chance to try the Lasko #3723 20-Inch Premium Box Fan 3-SPEED when we decided to extend out basement apartment. Instead of opting for ceiling mount fans in the rather low-height ceiling rooms, we decided to go with a table/floor fan.
When I first laid my eyes on the Lasko Premium Box Fan #3723, by the expensive-looking finish amazed me instantly after I finished unboxing it. Although the material of the exterior grille is plastic, the majority of the interior and mainframe are heavy duty stainless steel. The unique balance of components makes the Lasko #3723 20-Inch Premium Box Fan 3-SPEED amicable to cleaning and regular maintenance. Even with the seemingly heavy-looking specs, the unit is light. You can choose your level of airflow by selecting any one of the 3-speed settings. One feature that impresses me the most is its solid base. Even at the highest speed setting, the fan does not wobble or cause extra noise. The Lasko #3723 20-Inch Premium Box Fan 3-SPEED is a quiet, powerful and economic model, ideal for all indoor and outdoor environments.
- It has a unique, simple and useful design.
- It is feather-light, which makes the Lasko #3723 20-Inch Premium Box Fan 3-SPEED easy to carry.
- It is quiet considering the power it generates at the highest speed setting.
- It is energy efficient like you would expect a high-end box fan to be.
- This box fan is cost-effective and requires minimum maintenance expenses.
- It is a 20-inch fan. Although it is small, it has decent airflow and reach.
- The leg design in the newer model can be irritating for home users. It involves taking the leg on and off depending on the surface you want to put it on.
- Some reviewers find the humming noise of the Lasko #3723 Box Fan more annoying than the previous Lasko models. Some even report a clicking noise.
- It has a few sharp edges. If you have a child in the same room, you might need to take extra precaution while using it.
The Optimus F-1022 10-Inch 2 Speed Box Fan, White is a super cute and compact window fan that you can use for a myriad of purposes. I have seen kids use it to keep their pets cool, and I have seen them try to keep their gaming setup cool with this 10-inch model. It surprised me with its power compared to the 10-inch blades. The two-speed settings on this Optimus 10-inch model can be an initial bummer until you switch this baby on. It is compact, yet powerful enough to blow your mind.
I have come to realize that hundreds of people choose this compact fan over other 10-inch models due to its Whisper Quiet Operation motor. It is silent enough to give you the illusion of a natural breeze. It is perfect for workstation uses and bedroom installations. Heck, get one in the bathroom as well, since it is so small and economical! You can place it right next to your ears and forget all about its existence it is so quiet. It has a simple, yet effective slide control design. It comes with only one controller, so it is simple enough for all ages. The Optimus F-1022 10-Inch 2 Speed Box Fan comes with an easy carry handle that enables easy transportation.
- It has a compact and safe design
- It is ideal for window placement, tabletop installment, and floor placement.
- It is easy to carry and operate remotely.
- Low power input enables you to use it inside your car or during outdoor adventures.
- Simple to operate and maintain.
- The outer casing is a bit bigger for the 10-inch blades.
- It requires a little assistance for standing operations.
- Too small for a wide-ranging coverage.
Choosing a box fan for you or your family should not be tough. However, if I had to choose between the five super-fans in this list, I would be in a total tizzy, since it has used them and loved them all equally. The right fan design can serve more than one necessity. Always know your exact needs and budget range before you go out box-fan hunting. Learning about their power consumption and energy costs have always helped me make informed choices.
So, good luck with your box-fan shopping and remember to stay cool, always!
At Comfy Home Corner- https://comfyhomecorner.com we are dedicated in providing the best tips and product reviews to assist you with creating a better environment for your home.