Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent Review
- Considered to be the best 4×4 grow tent by the experts;
- It is ideal for horticulture;
- Perfect for 6 to 9 cannabis plants that are 4 to 5 inches in height;
- Relatively cost-effective in comparison to other types of hydroponic indoor grow tents;
- Since the frame employs metal connectors which are considered to be more durable than plastic, it is possible for them to hold heavier lights;
- The zippers are big enough and come with double stitching which makes them of high quality;
- No scope for light leaks and the fact that it is highly reflective makes it rest easy;
- Made up of heavy duty dense fabric material that makes it strong and sturdy making an ideal condition for growing your marijuana plants;
- Consists of the mesh panels at the bottom which makes ventilation optimal for your plants;
- It provides an excellent value for money;
- Come with a removable mylar floor tray with Velcro straps that can be wrapped around the poles of the tent to keep the floor clean;
- Very easy to assemble;
- Contains multiple accessibility options;
- This grow tent is one of the best when it comes to segment odor prevention;
- Consists of a spill proof tray;
- Made up with energy efficient design which helps in saving you money on electricity bills;
- Prevents the growth of pests and diseases;
- The customer service provided by the manufacturer is amazing;
- Comes with a warranty period of 90 days and a 30 day money back guarantee when you purchase the grow tent;
- Due to its vivid specification, the grow tent can be used for indoor and outdoor gardening;
- Comes with a rear window for the observation which assists in keeping the growth in plants without disturbing the complete set up of the tent.
- There is a slight chance of leakage of light from the zippers;
- This grow tent is suitable for professional use only. Always be cautious while using as it is recommended to be used in a greenhouse and not apartments or enclosed spaces without proper ventilation;
- There is a high probability of getting puncture wounds;
- Certain people have complained about zippers breaking rather quickly while others say that the zippers do not have stoppers on them;
- The assembly instructions which comes with the grow tent are poorly written;
- The frame appears to be flimsy which makes the setup extremely difficult;
- Can sometimes get too hot to handle;
- No scope for expansion.
If you are someone who is investing in a grow tent for the very first time and are looking for a quality tent, then you will appreciate the Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent. An added advantage: This grow tent comes in the size of 4′ x 4′ x6’8″ which makes it an ideal choice to reach out to all your plants in a small indoor garden setting.
Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with a removable floor tray that ensures your floor does not get damaged due to fallen leaves, water, soil, etc. thereby making it easier for you to clean up the tent.
The outer cover comes in a black color to assist in absorbing the light. While the inner layer comes with a tear-proof Mylar backing that ensures the grow tent lasts for several seasons. Thus, it makes your gardening task easier. Ultimately resulting in the cultivation of delicious fruits and vegetables in your indoor garden setting.
Continue reading: The grow tent is made up of durable materials that are double stitched. Not to forget the heavy duty zippers that help in closing down the tent. Due to this exclusive property, Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent prevents light from escaping.
Thanks to the large front door it is possible for you to get easy access. It even has two window flaps that ensure you to have a small glimpse in the grow tent any time of the day. The panels at the bottom of the grow tent have been kept to ensure easy ventilation and circular movement of air inside and outside. This makes the grow tent ideal for cultivating cilantro, cannabis, basil, tomato, and lettuce.
It is very easy to assemble and disassemble for easy relocation or cleanup. There are three entry points in the grow tent that help you to peep thereby ensuring that all the heat and humidity in the tent does not escape the area. Not to forget, it comes with a 90-day warranty period and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Package Includes: 1 – 48”x 48”x 80″ Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent / 1 – Removable Mylar Floor Tray, 2 Filter Straps Included, 1 – Instructional Pamphlet / Size – 48”x 48”x 80″ 100% Reflective Tear Proof Mylar / Heavy Duty Zippers & Double Stitching for Light Protection
- HIGH QUALITY: 48”x 48”x 80″ hydroponics indoor growing tent with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for light protection ensure durability and long-lasting use. Thick tent material reinforced by the metal poles ensures security and stability. Keep your grows contained, prevent odors from leaking out, and stop pests from getting in.
- HIGHLY REFLECTIVE: Includes a removable Mylar floor tray, and a 100% light-proof, tear-proof reflective Mylar lining to assist your indoor growing light fixtures and equipment. Increase the intensity of your grow lights and retain heat to keep your grow room at the right temperature for your plants, herbs, flowers, fruits, and vegetables to thrive.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Includes an instructional pamphlet for easy set up. This is a great hydroponics growing light kit system starter, whether you want to set up your indoor garden in an apartment, condominium, greenhouse, or any rented space.
- TOP CUSTOMER CARE: Your Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing is backed by the manufacturer’s exceptional customer service team and comes standard with the Apollo Horticulture Brand Guarantee and a 90-day warranty. It is their commitment to be your guiding light in the world of indoor growing, and to be the grow light company that you will want to do business with again and again. If the grow tent does not meet or exceed your expectations, the manufacturer offers a 30-day money back guarantee hassle free.
Review the Product
Durability & Design: sssss
The Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is an above-average performer when it comes to durability & design.
We saw that the hydroponic grow tent is covered with a highly reflective material. It is even equipped with vents and openings for ducting and cables. This very reason makes it very easy to plug, install, and hang.
The other positive aspect is that it opens on three sides which gives you great access to the area even when it is filled with plants. We also observed that there are two perfectly fitted holes on the top and two others on the left and right-hand sides which enable you to select a suitable position for your exhaustion ducting.
When it comes to durability there are no second guesses. We found that it creates a general sturdy first impression. It comes with 400D thick light-proof fabric, reflective material, and sturdy metal support poles.
Not to forget: the Mylar film that makes the hydroponic grow tent highly durable and cost-effective. All these features make this hydroponic grow tent highly durable with a design that will allow you to grow plants and fruits as per your needs.
But, it is not free from limitations. The number one complaint by people is the fact that the metal rods present in this grow tent are not perfectly cut. This sometimes result in a lot of inconvenience in the form of adjustment before being nicely fit.
This is despite the fact that the manufacturer has tried their level best in including metallic corners. The problem is, they seem to be of low quality. There are some customers who have complained of the metallic corners getting broken while reassembling the tent several times.
The amazing thing about Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is the fact that it performs in a superlative manner when it comes to efficiency.
We found that the grow tent performed really well when we tested it in our indoor garden. To be precise it was able to get 92% to 97% of light from the grow light bulbs to the plants and herbs. This ensured that the protons remained inside the tent all the time. We also observed that this grow tent has a tear-proof reflective Mylar film that helps in increasing the grow’s efficiency without adding to your energy bill.
Furthermore, the hydroponic grow tent has been developed using highly durable material that can prevent most breaks and tears if dealt properly. This ensures that there is no leakage of light. Furthermore, your plants and vegetables have enough space to grow all year long.
Can it get better than this?
Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is a great performer when it comes to safety. We observed that the hydroponic grow tent consists of a removable Mylar-lined tray with Velcro straps. It assists you to wrap it up across the poles and keep your floor clean.
Generally it has been observed that electrical cables and conductive water around the grow room is a disaster in the making. This is evaded by this grow tent. Thus, it protects your plants and vegetables in case the water spills around.
It is also good to observe that the metal poles have been created to hold the grow lights having a capacity of holding a maximum of 120 pounds (54 kg) of weight. This will ensure that your grow light setup does not compromise the safety of your plants. The other positive aspect is that the grow tent will always be tight and sturdy.
But, there are several limitations in the grow tent. The first one being, there is a scope of light leaks from the zippers, the stitching, or the vents. This can seriously compromise the safety of the plants and vegetables in the grow tent. The other problem is, the zippers do not work properly on several occasions. It is also pretty hard to move it up and down which can also lead to light leaking after some time. The last limitation is the fact that it sometimes get too hot to handle.
Build Quality: sssss
Most of the time grow tents are built the same way with only a few minor changes. The thing that works in the favor of Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is the fact that it is reasonably priced in comparison to other grow tents available in the market. It comes with a decent placement of doors and ventilation ports. The grow tent has a comprehensive wire frame design which has given them the opportunity to place the ports in exactly the same area where they can be extremely useful for indoor gardeners.
The other great thing is that they are tall enough to accommodate a wide array of plants to grow to different heights. They are more focused on providing the much-needed light to the plants.
Ease of Assembly and Use: sssss
It is extremely easy to assemble and use Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent. It is so easy that you will not need any help from another person. There is an instructional booklet in the grow tent which will make it easier for you to set up the grow tent. It took us only a few minutes to set up the grow tent instead of spending hours.
The problem with Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is the fact that the instructional booklet that comes with the product is poorly written so you cannot completely rely on it. There are certain users who have complained that the frame seems to be flimsy which makes the setup extremely difficult.
Overall Value Derived: sssss
Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent provides great value especially if you are looking for a grow tent which is neither too large nor too small. It is best suited for your hydroponic gardening needs. It is a great option for those gardeners who like to grow indoor plants and fruits all around the year.
The only loophole of the grow tent is that it is not recommended for heavy-duty or long-term use.
“HOW DOES IT COMPARE?”
Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is your ideal equipment if you wish to put your grow tent in a room of your house or in a garage. The positive part of this grow tent is the fact that it is only two inches which ensures that it will not take much of your space. Both Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent and Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent come from the same brand name, Apollo which is a well-renowned name that manufactures all types of grow equipment.
Both the products come with a removable Mylar floor tray, teat proof reflective sheeting, easy assembly, and not to forget the filter/fan straps. Both the products come with a 90 day warranty, and a 30 day money back guarantee.
The only difference between the products is in the size. While Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes in the size of 48”x24”x60”, Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes in the size of 48″ X 48″ X 80″.
VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is one of the most widely sold grow tent products in our country. The peculiar thing about this grow tent is the find that it is build up of black exterior with ultra-fine green lines.
Let us now look at the difference between VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent and Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent.
The number one difference between these grow tents is in their size dimension. VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes in the size of 4′ x 2′ x 5′. While, Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes in the size of 4′ x 4′ x 6’8″.
VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with blistering metal zippers. While Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with double-stitching canvas and zippers.
The peculiar thing about VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent iis the fact that it utilizes 400D Nylon Canvas, that is accompanied with a metal tube frame. While Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent uses 400D fabric density.
VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with removable tray and carbon filter belts. While Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with detachable flood tray.
Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ is one of the high-end brands selling hydroponic grow tents in our country. Their ultimate objective is to manufacture high-quality grow tents for gardeners. There is one similarity between the two grow tents. Both come with detachable flood tray.
Let us now look at the difference between Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ and Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent.
The number one difference is between the size dimensions of both the grow tents. Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ comes in the size 4′ x 4′ x 6’11”. While Apollo Horticulture 48” X 48” X 80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent can be measured in terms of size dimensions of 4′ x 4′ x 6’8″.
Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ consists of steel connecting poles and corners. While Apollo Horticulture 48 x 48 x 80 Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comprises of steel connecting poles and frames.
Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ comes with blistering zippers. While Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent comes with double crochet canvas and zippers.
Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT44 Tent, 4′ x 4′ x 6’7″ uses thick 1680D canvas. While Apollo Horticulture 48″ X 48″ X 80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent uses 400D fabric density.
At Comfy Home Corner we are dedicated in providing the best tips and product reviews to assist you with creating a better environment for your home.